The HarzCard Deal
What you get and how it works
What is the HarzCard?
The HarzCard is an all-inclusive sightseeing card. According to your plans you can choose between two editions – the 48-hour card or the 4-day card. After your purchase the HarzCard offers free entry to over 120 sights and attractions in the Harz Mountains for the duration selected.
Please notice that public transport is not included.
All benefits at a glance
- Free entry to 120+ attractions, sights and museums in the Harz Mountains
- Free HarzCard Guidebook with detailed information and maps to all attractions
- Free single ride up to Mount Brocken with the Harz Narrow Gaugue Railway is included in the 4-day HarzCard.
- Save money and time during your stay in the Harz Mountains.
For how long can I use the HarzCard?
You can choose between two types:
- 48-hour HarzCard
The 48-hour HarzCard is valid for 48 consecutive hours within the calendar year (1st January until 31st December). The fare to the Brocken is not included in the 48-hour HarzCard.
- 4-day HarzCard
The 4-day HarzCard is valid for 4 individual days of your choice within a calendar year (1st January until 31st December). It can but does not have to be used on 4 consecutive days. The one-way fare to the Brocken is included in the 4-day HarzCard.
Find out more about prices here.
How does the HarzCard work?
- First decide which HarzCard type suits your holiday needs best.
- Purchase your HarzCard online or buy from one of the many local HarzCard selling points.
- Plan your trip with the help of the HarzCard guidebook (only available in German at the moment).
- The HarzCard is first activated when the museum/leisure facility inserts your HarzCard into its card reading device.
With the 48-hour HarzCard the time starts at the moment, when your card is inserted at the first facility and then counts backward 48 hours.
With the 4-day HarzCard the day will be deducted from the total numbers of days, when the card is inserted for the first time. You then have the opportunity to use the card as much as possible during that day. To activate the remaining days, simply use the card again on the next desired day.